Ridge Hall 電腦公司
一個 WordPerfect 電腦公司員工的真實對話 # l* {( J/ v% o! |, B9 G
. H" B% I& T2 b" e) D. b
"Ridge Hall computer assistant; may I help you?"
- R& I0 [ z4 ]: o% C
; \, f' C# I' w2 C+ V w$ NRidge Hall 電腦公司你好!我可以為您服務嗎?
- g# J0 `& n, @. U1 q9 h& T) v Z3 P
"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."
2 p; K( ?; E4 M( r Z0 a
7 V: f4 v5 ], U# V是的,我有WordPerfect的問題。
+ S! ]0 l) M F, R- ^7 K0 V t' _1 N0 Z; M
"What sort of trouble?" 3 k' T8 l% p9 @( g/ }" d
3 i; u1 O: H7 W您有什麼問題呢 ?
- E. _6 N' Y8 L, { a" ^. N/ Z* \
"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words wentaway." + _7 ?# U' i, |' S' r; h
2 q/ W" K) ?$ W; G% i1 G
我剛剛自已在打字的時候,突然間所有的字都不見了。 ) V; S7 b; E' n
) E0 m1 r6 m$ Y6 u
"Went away?"都不見了。 3 t9 C* W" y* B T M
) } }9 H( h6 s; y# Z# Z"They disappeared." + P8 \4 r+ m4 B6 ?8 G C+ g
/ D4 I- F9 v, g; M: f' w/ Y
它們都不見了。
1 \1 t. c, B7 Y; ^( M9 E4 V+ [1 k5 R" Q
"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"
! d5 Q: I$ t3 p: v+ V3 m/ h2 f; o8 S$ z% h. B. w" E5 f; K/ d
嗯,現在你的螢幕看到什麼東西?
- {8 B4 J) T4 \. V9 T3 k: Y5 s8 ~5 X! f* i
"Nothing."
9 r4 e0 X+ S; F6 T
' A7 N4 j3 F4 J! v8 v沒有任何東西。 3 y2 `% C5 \1 {, Q
9 n! K4 O, ~) R5 C"Nothing?"
% ^& |; U* |' }2 x( s; X" q3 O
* z) A* x, a9 ]8 Q5 y( v沒有任何東西? % ^4 e5 S' ^) t% O9 `8 }
2 i- {" [$ s& }/ Y
"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."
' U( b6 z9 c( y% p' v2 N! g: C* X
螢幕是全黑的,我打的字它都沒反應。 8 T! f- `! |" R. ]( Y; J
8 ?. K' ^% P4 v"Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?" ! ^ z: I% [5 G/ W" R
+ Y$ w1 \! f- N. O7 K P! K
您是否還在操作WordPerfect,還是以經離開了。 % v$ y) a) V; ?3 a! e1 y
# J/ _: r# R5 I
"How do I tell?"
$ z2 u% k% x+ y, N; W9 G( [& D/ O- C2 m8 t% T1 W
我要怎麼說明呢? 9 N$ Y( C1 I8 k1 K8 ~( s
# Z" e1 {8 _1 t0 @; o
"Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?"
2 s: g# s, k* F" X
- q/ T4 C* @$ C* T' r8 h你可以在螢幕上看到 C: 的提示符號嗎?
) f8 v$ o# K2 Q3 D2 c# u: u, r# \9 B9 z5 j
"What's a sea-prompt?" 4 R( M0 Q9 e4 _( ]2 s
+ j1 @# l4 N9 o/ [什麼是 "海的提示符號" ("sea"=海,和 "C"同音)
3 ^9 t T$ z: h: y0 q- u2 ^- V1 c2 e8 I& _
"Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?"
+ t: w9 `# u7 l6 n% _% T
2 O+ O* A- o1 e" {% D不管它了,你可以看到游標在螢幕上嗎? 3 u" R' L- _8 s- _5 B& Q
! ]& H* |7 D1 \! h+ H"There isn't any cursor; I told you, it won't accept anything Itype." / o6 E A* _+ n$ o! {6 ?
3 b+ Q% `/ r# y/ V- C# v6 y# c# i) [
螢幕上沒有任何的游標,我告訴你,我打的字它都沒反應。 6 t) o3 z' A6 b" m
z) l7 ~5 Z% F! U: _
"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"
, K! R8 X) m; e2 F' W' ~# z, x+ f. h$ k: y5 R/ S& T3 [2 G
顯示器上的電源指示燈有沒有亮?
% w0 z7 v. |1 t9 {# O5 O2 H, D' \, ^* F! K, g3 w
"What's a monitor?" + G9 `, V: f6 ?6 G& [
7 j1 W1 y; Z6 k* g/ |什麼是顯示器?
$ q9 a# y" t, L/ n D9 ?- T# F, v8 ]* w# S
"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. / K: x& D/ s" g$ \. x5 ^$ f
! z' @9 H) h+ c) @4 W6 A& g
Does ithave a little light that tells you when it's on?" + Q# J% \% {; o' [2 Q% ~' D
" T7 `6 `: N$ u% ?7 ?! v7 I就是那個看起像電視的螢幕,
. ?, e5 Z4 T- i. O
1 W, K C2 _3 J# A' F" f0 G3 e有沒有一個小光點告訴你它是開著的? 0 H$ y) R) ]! E h, z4 D7 C0 i5 a
7 W7 s; `* x3 s. b6 F7 m
I don't know."
# s/ j2 C, {8 N$ y' r
! j" G7 ^/ s. E2 |我不懂耶。
1 `2 _. x, V& y! s
% B C6 L* p9 {+ f' R5 E"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where
$ y5 P/ m o# y' n1 L* W( J7 k& h/ W- w9 I/ p6 ?! S) y7 _0 _
the powercord goes into it. Can you see that?"
. d5 f- F5 ?4 q3 p$ u) i. L( e4 P
5 w; ?# J. y1 ~) ?# Q/ ?2 b: ~那麼,你能不能看得到顯示器後面有一條電源線接在上面?
' Z5 t3 y+ I. w/ b! y9 t
4 t: L8 X; d* P) a' A"....Yes, I think so." 7 P* P2 {; a; g, j- S/ v$ A8 X
% a* G U* I; l8 t# Z" N/ f# ^是,我想我看到了。 , i: Y+ M: ?* O+ i) E" x* f
, ?% L$ i: @ i: g
"Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's pluggedinto the wall."
- a/ ]8 C0 G ~) C+ r
% x3 A! E1 N: A. w8 Z: H' Y太棒了,沿著電線找下去,看它有沒有沒插在牆上? 4 _, c+ o# ^. H
* a: M' d G2 H( |"....Yes, it is." % m% d% k; D5 G8 n$ w
, N. m( ^" T' m! S有啊!
/ F4 A$ d& C! E! r
$ L2 }% ]1 d4 [+ c! k; @8 S/ H"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were
: u' `0 x% Z G! C3 u1 h4 g& r' x/ {1 s: w7 g+ a. @
two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"
1 d- C9 q* _' l: m! Q4 ?. N8 `0 k! r2 N- ?' C. S
你到顯示器後面看看,有沒有注意到有兩條電線插在後面,不是只有一條哦? $ R2 ]7 w; Y9 T- Y
0 _. R o/ ]7 L9 J( j" Y0 c"No."
6 {" b: m8 M( O Y( W' v& J& {' U# x
沒有。 ( ]& g$ W# ]; H: ^
1 A0 I6 N8 f7 m& Y; C"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find
6 c; D t) _4 b& A) T% b9 P" Y' D, v( A9 q6 @
theother cable."
% H3 A% ?' Y, B g: Y0 c, ^
, P# E+ K l3 A7 s, I |就是了,我要你再到顯示器後面去找另一條電線。 0 P2 t+ J- m y+ t' k
% @* L9 V( I' M+ y* f* m$ q
"....Okay, here it is." ( O- _) U" M8 B$ n) ]
# t% S2 n! ^5 I
OK,找到了。 7 K0 k: R6 l5 T5 E" K$ S) N, q
5 ]- z# g: B3 V8 W+ b"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into
* L7 W/ U' l( t, Y
L. n- Q# b) ] w, i5 D6 Z3 Qtheback of your computer."
! f+ s, m, Q/ g
7 U& |1 E: Q' u- A0 j再替我找下去,告訴我它有沒有確實插好在電腦後面。
0 b, g/ O- s, \
- p" [9 ?. D/ b3 N0 x"I can't reach."
& _# L* Z4 z8 O" E1 J I$ s' b7 j/ d: C; w8 k
我搆不到。
9 |0 N2 [2 o0 I- n( t5 I8 c' @5 \3 e$ ^2 J ~9 k
"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?" , a; r4 w Y$ z: _' n) {
" c/ {9 E7 k$ x& u嗯,那麼,你看得到嗎?
5 Q5 M& ?) A- o" h) K: u4 c! _1 O8 U
"No."
+ r1 H: A" b1 N3 V, p- {/ i& u! T' O; s
看不到。
) {. g3 Y# v) a" z
- k, ?' {7 T- J( z$ j$ ]! _# S2 y2 T"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"
3 O% C: \* W% g% T& y3 G E1 f$ R* W; B5 v0 ~' V
那麼拿個東西墊高,爬過去看一下? 5 g* ^) j% ^" L6 _3 l
' [! d1 n6 A( ?9 G0 k2 c
"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle - it's becauseit's dark."
) \9 r0 e, R. Y9 K$ _8 V3 |, Z2 Y. Y# q+ B
喔,不是角度不好看不到,而是太暗了。 + d8 s/ S: Z4 ]0 q+ [& E
( D1 g( b( e' A9 Y0 T& A. W"Dark?"
6 i0 |; i8 Y# X: m6 q& r
. t1 A8 v ], I" m太暗? * E) K" A4 {! A
/ P5 [( P9 m. _"Yes - the office light is off, and the only light I have is . C5 B2 w& p3 {# x+ b; j3 f# e. P
' ]* S7 m |4 ^; Y3 \
comingfrom the window." ( P4 t+ l4 V: d/ l
$ n: S0 o) V+ V$ k" c# C+ \$ e/ w
是的,辨公室的燈光全都不亮,唯一的光線是來自窗戶外面。 ( C+ j; y: y1 t; {; x
, o& b& O8 c2 n1 c- C8 B
"Well, turn on the office light then."
% Y$ t7 s$ U J- D7 q3 b
. n7 T6 D k' r+ ~1 I那麼把辨公室的電燈都打開啊。
- T% ?+ ^& k" h4 M; _5 Z' k
3 t' q+ i% I; O+ i"I can't."
( [, Y; M' P5 U' Q, x2 S" |7 h0 T
; X( U6 {# _) A6 v$ c沒辦法。 # Z$ j$ W5 C* |
9 f) g9 a. v# t7 v
"No? Why not?" / t; a0 U4 r* a& f1 @' d1 N) c
: f' R5 |% ?; `2 o3 t- E+ f2 \沒辨法?為什麼? ) r/ n/ |- y- y! I) X
- {8 }5 o( l3 F- [( M3 e"Because there's a power outage." d# R( g" d6 \( i* D4 s7 Y9 X
3 N: G: }9 I5 F: Q* a6 n5 P; F+ ]因為停電啊! ! O9 \; w- A J r7 D: \
! A" ^8 W1 x6 ~8 p/ e+ ~! L"A power...... A power outage? Aha! Okay, we've got it licked now. 2 ~/ n% I$ l: J! f) v
+ Z9 T, w; f( L, z
Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff
: [0 [/ i; D' n% W* k$ O/ X% Q* u: ?% P
yourcomputer came in?"
3 S( z: W- \ b# @# t, ~
* t: ~! ^6 q/ }/ ?: u! W停...停電?&#@!(& ,喔!OK,現在開始打包,
/ x0 K( z$ T8 o0 x
& D5 o8 y6 a3 B/ R% C1 g- x4 k電腦公司員工送電腦來時的包裝箱和使用手冊都還在嗎?
* Q' Q" @3 l: v% E# h. _; F. X! Q, N A; u) k! F; P
"Well, yes, I keep them in the closet." . l7 k3 \3 s& K" S
* u5 P0 F8 ?* W嗯,是的,我已把它們收在櫃子�堙C $ X- K. l( J, R
7 }# D8 f# r$ V' ^2 \
"Good! Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up justlike * u! K, @6 W4 |
0 f1 X! S/ H8 k8 T( D( X/ [it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store youbought it from."
7 g/ c0 f7 h k f d, {1 L/ y9 e' c9 M: @5 z0 ]4 _0 I2 G/ l
很好!去把它們拿出來,然後把電腦搬下來包裝好, $ [% O B! |! R- ?# g* J& `
# S% c* A3 G. h就像剛送來的時候一樣。然後看你在那�媔R的,把它送回去。 % q. b, |; N- M3 a' S5 T0 B
$ M2 b/ @7 q4 m( I8 b; s"Really? Is it that bad?" 2 l: U8 p5 b9 X: [* j; f/ S5 {. s
# m/ a. R6 `2 d/ ?' I/ v) Y真的嗎?是它壞掉了嗎?
* L0 u r2 n7 j* }9 O5 Q: _& I- P, I
"Yes, I'm afraid it is." ( P. u n1 k4 A( k
1 h. f; r6 t2 p$ f" l' R3 `
是的,恐怕是這樣了的。
+ o7 z( ]2 ]7 u; ^+ h: {7 d5 L
3 P" N& r( o: @"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"
O' i) I8 K& B% F! K! T$ o3 G2 R5 E2 R+ }# J% I' ?( S ], U. j
喔,我想大概就是這樣子的。那我要怎樣跟他們說呢?
# ~2 t: v! R# q) H5 b( ^+ Q" U6 j& b/ C7 U
"Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer." 8 c6 ]+ M; c& l' }) ~* ~% e$ |, O
* u! U; W( b' h, p$ \& j
就告訴他們說:『你實在笨到不夠資格擁有一部電腦』。